Whether you love them or not, the Indiana Pacers announced today that the “Hickory” uniforms are now for sale on the Pacers Gear website.
The uniforms were first introduced back on July 22nd as part of the NBA Pride series, and are now available online in both jersey and t-shirt format. Bill Benner, Senior VP Corporate at Pacers Sports & Entertainment, first tweeted this:
Sounds like these uniforms aren’t the only thing the Pacers are doing this year to pay tribute to Indiana basketball, but does the opinion on the jerseys affect the overall look of them?
The Indy Star produced this piece the day the uniforms after the public had time to offer reactions, and it seems as if some people totally bought in where others didn’t see the point.
Overall, the Hickory uniforms have been well received as an homage to the film “Hoosiers,” but if you want to get your hands on some merchandise it’s going to cost you, per Scott Agness, Pacers reporter –
The replica Jerseys go on sale in October. You can see the full selection here.
More from Ink on Indy
- Still Searching for Their Groove, Pacers Take on Struggling Magic Thursday Night
- Pacers Travel to the Nation’s Capital to Begin Four Game Road Trip
- Update on Pacers’ Oladipo’s Serious Leg Injury
- Has Romeo Langford Been a Disappointment for the Hoosiers?
- The Indianapolis Colts Have a Brutal Road Schedule in 2019