The Indianapolis Colts (6-5) are one game out of the playoffs with five games left to play.
The Indianapolis Colts are making the playoffs. In the words of Paul Heyman, that is not a prediction; it is a spoiler.
No, they will not win the division, but they will likely end up as the sixth and final AFC playoff seed, facing an away game against whoever lands the third seed in the Wildcard round. We know one thing; the Colts will have to play a division winner.
Our options for division winners are the New England Patriots, Kansas City Chiefs, Pittsburgh Steelers, and the Houston Texans. We can probably rule out Kansas City, as they will likely end as the first or second seed. That leaves us with New England, Pittsburgh, or Houston.
Neither are favorable draws.
More from Ink on Indy
- Still Searching for Their Groove, Pacers Take on Struggling Magic Thursday Night
- Pacers Travel to the Nation’s Capital to Begin Four Game Road Trip
- Update on Pacers’ Oladipo’s Serious Leg Injury
- Has Romeo Langford Been a Disappointment for the Hoosiers?
- The Indianapolis Colts Have a Brutal Road Schedule in 2019
I predict New England finishes as the third seed, based on their remaining schedule and the fact the Texans look unbeatable at the moment. I think the AFC finishes like this:
- Kansas City Chiefs (14-2)
- Houston Texans (13-3)
- New England Patriots (12-4)
- Pittsburgh Steelers (11-4-1)
- Los Angeles Chargers (11-5)
- Indianapolis Colts (10-6)
This makes for two intriguing AFC Wildcard match ups: Colts versus Patriots and Chargers versus Steelers.
I believe Indianapolis has the best chance at winning if they do end up playing New England because, at times, the Patriots have looked very beatable. They lost to the Titans, Lions, and the Jaguars. It is not impossible to beat New England by any means.
Although anything can happen. Maybe the Colts get a match up in Houston for the third time this year, or the Colts may not even make the postseason at all. But if the Colts do get their hands on the Patriots, I like their chances.